Skip to main content

Different kinda eid

When I mention about family it does mean the whole family. From my grandpa, grandma, aunty, uncle, cousin, mom, dad, siblings and all that.

Each year, our eid will be like cooking the whole night and go to each other home to check each other cookings and also do some chit chat till dawn arrived. We never slept at the night of eid. We enjoyed ourselves so much together and this continue till noon of first day of eid in which our energy started to deteroriate and we all would eventually go to sleep. And this goes on till end of a month of hari raya. Haha. That's my family. We are never too tired to spend time together all the time. 

This year eid will be so much different from the year before. Why? It's because we wouldn't have our youngest aunty whom we call "mak su" together with us this year. She is a very noisy person, havoc kinda person and she will be the one who makes our eid the most happening each year. She likes to tease everyone which will make our eid even merrier. 

Well, this year she will have to work overseas which started before eid. She must be very sad. Working at a place that will take 23 hours flight and thousand of kilometres separating us and I hope she is going to be just fine. I know she's going to be fine as she's the best anyway. Surely, everyone will miss her. 

Secondly, my cousin who is studying abroad will also have to be away from us during this eid. This is his first eid away from us. Be strong dude. I know you can do this. Haha. Well, he's a man so not quite worried actually. He'll manage to find his friends and go have fun with them. I know still it wouldn't feel the same but to get the best you have to sacrifice first right?

So to both of them, be strong. Cheers! We still have skype. Well, seriously I will have to learn how to use that first. Teeheee.. 

But whatever it is, the experience is what worth the most. That's the thing money can't buy. So just keep going. Though you guys are far from us but you will always be in our heart. Don't you ever doubt that. Sob sob sob.

Btw, even I myself will be back on the night before raya itself. This year we all need to struggle. 

                                         Ohana!



2014 hari raya with mak su. 

My love my tarzans. Add another one this year! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is trying to teach you something

Hello there! Sorry for the long wait. So, here you go.  Here come an urgent story after a reflection made few weeks ago. I just felt the urge and the need for me to write and share this. As you know, I have been working in a pharmacy for quite sometimes now. It has been around 4 months I guess. Though definitely, I am extremely tired and I got no time to pamper myself, it gave me priceless experience. It’s a place that taught me to appreciate people, trust (this one I’ve got some issue with it too. Trust is basically not easy. It’s build over time so work hard to gain it) and respect people no matter who they are and their social status or educational background.  Initially, it feels like there’s nothing I can gain from working there. Not that I believe in all those supplements can help with diseases. These days, when I felt like I was doing a thing without having a benefit, I would start to do my own reflection. It was like a homework to me. Thank you to that one...

Learn to listen

I like how people talk about life to me. I like to appreciate every bits of words and adjectives they used to describe their life when talking to me. Things like how they describe their love towards their parents and family, how they overcome their problem, how they rise and fall in life really attract me. It was like reading a book but instead I just need to listen. Although sometimes I like to talk in between their speech but most of the time, believe me, I listen. When you really listen to what people tell you, you will get to learn a lesson from it. Part of me love to evaluate, (sometimes judge, I know it's bad but can't help. I am human.) process it and then learn the lesson. For someone that trusted me and I trusted them, I will TRY to advice though sometimes it doesn't really help. However, I know by lending my ears to listen to them, I help if not a lot just a little might do.  People make mistakes. I myself make a lot of mistakes in life. I myself am not th...

It's for us!

Before I start here, I would like to say I am sorry, that I am not being racist here. No intention like that at all. So here I am sharing with you guys my two cents regarding my childhood and maybe you have had similar childhood experience too. I admit that to be honest, I was raised by parents who would expect the best out of me behind their, “ I don’t mind” words. How do I know? I analyzed, observed and listened. With that, I understand what they wanted actually. Most of my family ( I mean huge family including cousins, aunties and uncle) were placed in a chinese school even from preschool years. Our parents believed that the chinese school has the best education system that of all can offer. Most of my cousins and relatives were able to complete their chinese education until high school except for me. I am an exclusion, I couldn’t fit and survive even during my preschool years. When I was in my psychiatry posting, I remembered that there was a young boy presented with d...